My good friend Matt has a 1966 Beetle that was hit in the front and was in need of a little repair work similar to the last front end I did on the 1957 Rag.
This is how I received the body. I used my raised pan that is used for painting as a work platform.
Matt had already removed the front apron for the work that needed to be done on the tire carrier.
The horn mount was removed as well for better access on the repair.
The bottom of the tire carrier was wrinkled good and the passenger side was pushed back a couple inches.
I did the fender mount nuts as well in the repair work. (The ones that were missing)
The passenger side bumper mount was ripped loose and the driver side had a bolt broken off in it.
The passenger side quarter had to be moved back out a bit to line up with the hood.
I new pieces that are to be fit.
I had some new fenders laying around that were used as reference on the fit.
Everything sitting in the initial alignment process. I had to get everything straight before welding it in place.
All the pieces are looking a lot better for fit and almost ready for welding.
Straightened sides and fender nuts welded in place.
Holes are drilled in the apron for spot welding.
The front apron and horn bracket welded in place.
Grind down the welds a bit . . .
. . . and make sure the hood lines up like it should.
The gaps and over lap on the hood looks a lot better.
The completed tire carrier.